Life before dogs is often filled with freedom. Usually the dogs come before kids and they act as their dry run before bring home children. However, it doesn’t take long before you realize how much your life has changed after bringing dogs into your family and home.
Members of the Labrador Retriever Chat Board were told, finish the statement “Before I got my dog(s) I….” and the answers were too funny not to share.
Before I got my dog(s) I could….
- Sleep in any position I wanted
- Go to the bathroom alone
- Snack whenever on whatever
- Stay gone for long periods of time
- Watch TV or use computer with both hands
- Sleep late
- Put and keep lotion on
- Have extra money to spend, instead of buying good dog food
- Be in a bad mood all day if I chose to
- Leave shoes sitting by the door
- Have hairless, slobber free clothes that smelled fresh
- Not go out side in the freezing cold and rain
- Keep my hair nice and neat by not going out in the rain and wind
- Have company over that didn’t get mauled, hairy and slobbered on
- Sleep without having to get up to see what invisible monster Jake is barking at
- Not have blankets all over my new couches that have to be shook off and removed before company comes in
- Eat without worrying about dog hair in my food
- Be lazy and not go for long walks
- Walk around my backyard with bare feet
It is amazing how much we give up for the love our dogs but in the end one look in their eyes makes our hearts melt and it is at that moment that we realize it is all worth it.
What could you do before you got your dog(s)?