The Lab Brats Mommy
In the early 1980’s Shannon got her first “very own dog”, a German Shepherd named Smokey. This dog was the beginning of a journey and passion that drove Shannon to want to learn all she could about the art and skill of large breed dogs and dog training. She sought out every possible opportunity to attend classes, read books or pick trainers brains. And so the story began and continue to grow with her two chocolate Labrador Retrievers by her side: Dakota & Cheyenne.
Dakota & Cheyenne are purebred Chocolate Labrador Retrievers and the inspiration behind 8 Paws Up Labrador Retriever Info & Gifts and DogWire Dog Gifts. They are full blood sisters, 9 months apart in age, and are being trained as Therapy Dogs to visit children in local hospitals.
- Birthday: February 18th, 2005
- Nicknames: Miss Wiggle Bottom, Brat
- Likes: Cheetos, Bully Sticks, Watermelon
- Pet-Peeves: Gentle Leaders, Not Being Able To Play
- Favorite Toy: Musical Footballs
- Favorite Food: Watermelon, Apples
- Favorite Walk: Around The Neighborhood
- Best Tricks: Drooling like a waterfall
- Arrival Story: Present for my husband after he received a double lung transplant.
- Birthday: November 3rd, 2005
- Nicknames: Little Foot, Wee One
- Likes: Watching Cesar Millan, Chasing Rabbits
- Pet-Peeves: Playing with her paws
- Favorite Toy: Anything squeaky
- Favorite Food: Food? You said food??
- Favorite Walk: Anywhere as long as her mommy, daddy, and sister are there
- Best Tricks: Picking on her big sister
- Arrival Story: Cheyenne is our second chocolate labbie to keep her big sister company and play with her. Picked her up from a breeder 4 hours south of us.